Don't get me wrong now, I love my kids more than anything and every day I am grateful for having them in my life. But sometimes we need a break even from the good stuff.
My long time dream was to drive up into the mountains and spend the whole day hiking and then sleep outside at night. I had dreamt of the big open spaces, the time alone and the freedom of living at my own rhythm for a very long time and when the day finally came I was so excited.
The drive up to the top of the mountain was gorgeous and so were the first hours of hiking. I truly felt like I was on top of the world and that feeling was awesome. Slowly the reality of being alone started sinking in and after a very long and pretty scary hike down a very (very!) steep slope I arrived at the small cabin I was looking for.
As the day came to its end I started feeling really scared and I spent the whole night freaking out about the weird sounds I was hearing and wondering what the heck I was doing out there in the first place.
In order to stay sane I looked at the stars and took deep breaths.
All night I kept coming back to being in the present moment.
Here and now. Breathe in. Breathe out.
Although my 24 hour adventure didn't turn out as I imagined it I learnt so much from this experience. I believe that we need to challenge ourselves now and then - even when we have no idea what we're doing.
Every time I accept to step out of my comfort zone I grow.
One of my core values is to be free and I am always careful not to get too comfortable and to slip into someone else's life. This is My Most Magnificent Life and that is how I want to live it. I don't buy the images we are being fed with by the media about the "perfect life".
Only I know what my perfect life looks and feels like.
What does your perfect life look and feel like? Are you living it or is it a goal you're trying to reach?
Here are my top 5 ways to challenge yourself:
1. Do something you're afraid of. I'm not into scary sports but a couple of years ago I tried paragliding and it was awesome! I never thought I would dare to do it but I did (= major confidence boost : ).
2. Do something you don't know how to do. And accept to be bad at it or even to get it completely wrong. It's ok to just do something for fun without having to be excellent at it. And who knows, maybe you discover a new talent just because you are so detached from the result?
3. Spend some time with people who are very different from you. Recently I've discovered that I only hang out with people who have the same values/style/outlook on life as me. This is great fun but I also love talking to people who have lives that are very different from mine. They help me see myself more clearly and they also challenge my beliefs.
4. Spend 24 hours alone. Maybe this isn't such a big deal if you live on your own but for all of you moms, dads and love birds out there - this can be a pretty big challenge.
5. Write down all your Big Dreams and then choose one that you will bring to life. Even huge dreams that you never thought were possible count. Start today and spend some time every day visualizing your dream coming true. Remember that anything is possible, sweatheart! Even Big Dreams are created one baby step at a time.
Thank you for being You! You are so Beautiful and your gifts are precious. By living Your Life you inspire others to do the same.
You have 4 more days to join us for the big Give-Away. The winners will be announced on Monday November 5th and I've decided to throw in my brand new Communicate with your Spirit Guide kits 1 and 2 (premium package!) as well. Find out all about the Give-Away here.
So please keep sharing, liking, tweeting and writing about Soultribe and let us know here how many points you've reached by Monday.
Sending you lots of big hugs from Corsica,